Job Title: Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (First Team)
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Location: Jersey Reds Rugby Club, St Peter, JE3 7BG
Deadline for applications: 1pm on Friday April 5th
Interviews: week commencing April 8th
Jersey Reds Rugby Club are looking to recruit an assistant strength and conditioning coach to join the club's strength and conditioning department. This post will begin on Monday June 3rd.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* BSc in Sports Science or related discipline
* Experience of working/volunteered in a professional sports environment
The following attributes are also desirable:
* Working towards a postgraduate qualification in strength and conditioning
* Experience of working/volunteering in a professional rugby environment
* UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) accreditation
* Assist and implement strength training sessions for the team and injured player Return-To-Play (RTP) programs
* Assist and implement speed and conditioning sessions for the team and injured player RTP programs
* Assist and implement all team testing sessions
* Record strength and conditioning data, maintain a database and provide input into the development of this database
* Design and implement mobility, activation and resilience sessions for all players
* Build a strong working relationship with the medical and rugby departments
* Ability to develop a rapport with all personality types
* Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative
* Available to work flexible hours and at weekends
* Dedicated to self-improvement and to contributing to in-house Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Excellent IT skills
This position is ideally suited for newly-qualified candidates or those who have had experience in professional sport.
The deadline for applications is 1pm on Friday 5th April. To apply, please send a CV and one-page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the position.
Why not get yourself a Hot Pot (Curry or Chilli served with rice) in the supporters marquee £8 per pot.