Jersey Reds have confirmed the first batch of summer signings who will be coming to the Island ahead of the 2022/23 season.
The Reds will start their pre-season preparations shortly ahead of a trio of friendly matches later in the summer, including Gallagher Premiership opponents London Irish and Bath, and the start of the Greene King IPA Championship campaign on 10 September.
The following signings have been confirmed:
* James Hadfield (24), a hooker who formerly played for the University of Bath and most recently for Championship rivals Richmond
* Sam Grahamslaw (23), a prop who played for England at under-18 level while part of the Leicester Tigers Academy; he subsequently moved north of the border, joining Edinburgh Rugby and playing for Scotland under-20s
* Monty Weatherby (23), a prop who spent time with the Reds last season, featuring in a friendly game against Ayrshire Bulls in March; he formerly played for Sandbach and was part of the Sale Sharks Academy
* Ben Woollett (25), an Australian wing/full-back (pictured above) currently playing in the Shute Shield for Sydney-based club Warringah, who formerly spent time at Melbourne Rebels and with rugby league side Manly Sea Eagles
* Tomi Lewis (23), a wing/ full-back who makes the move from Welsh region Scarlets having previously represented Wales at u18, u20 and sevens.
The new signings join a list of 24 players from the 2021/22 squad who will be retained, plus further new signings to be announced in the coming days.
23 Mar 2023
January lessons show danger of banana skin in SW London