Jersey Reds have confirmed a further batch of summer signings who will shortly be joining up with team-mates ahead of the new season.
The Reds will start their pre-season preparations shortly ahead of a trio of friendly matches later in the summer, including Gallagher Premiership opponents London Irish and Bath, and the start of the Greene King IPA Championship campaign on 10 September.
The following three permanent signings have been confirmed:
* James Scott (22), a second row forward, capped by England at under-20 level, who joins from Worcester Warriors having previously spent time with the Reds during the 2020-21 season, as well as other loan spells with Hartpury University and Glasgow Warriors
* Hamish Bain (24), a second row from Glasgow Warriors who represented Scotland at under-20 level and also played for Scottish club side Currie and Stade Niçois in France
* Ethan Rault (20), a Jersey-born second row who attended Victoria College prior to moving to Wales aged 16, where he attended Llandovery College and was a member of the Academy squads at Scarlets and Cardiff.
Two other players will join the Reds on loan from Premiership side Bristol Bears:
* James Dun (22), a back row forward who attended Millfield School and has been part of the Bristol set-up since 2017, during which time he was capped as an under-18 by England
* Charlie Powell (22), a centre who attended Bristol Grammar and Castle School in Thornbury and represented England at both u-18 and u-20, joining the Bears’ 1st XV squad in summer 2020.
The new signings join a list of 24 players from the 2021/22 squad who will be retained, alongside five new signings already announced and others to follow.
02 Dec 2022
Rivalry between two clubs enters its third decade