An exciting opportunity has arisen at Jersey Rugby Club to join our experienced sports medical team.
- Use excellent clinical skills to ensure the accurate assessment and diagnosis of injuries
- Work both individually and as part of the team to provide best practice physiotherapy treatment to injured players
- Liaise closely with the Medical & Performance teams to ensure that Coaching and Strength & Conditioning staff receive accurate daily information regarding the injury status of players
- Provide match day physiotherapy and pitch side trauma cover for the Senior Squad
- Maintain contemporaneous and detailed clinical notes on all aspects of injury management
- Plan and implement personalised rehabilitation plans for injured players
- Work closely with Strength and Conditioning staff to ensure a smooth transition for players from injury through to return to performance
- Plan and implement evidence-based injury prevention strategies for players
- Maintain a good working relationship with all key personnel, colleagues and players
- Provide detailed injury surveillance and injury data collection
- Plan & assist with the musculoskeletal screening of the senior squad as required
- Keep abreast of current best practice, maintain personal CPD and contribute enthusiastically to the Jersey Rugby Sports Medicine Department’s CPD programme
- To carry out other duties that may be required by management that fall within the post holder’s capabilities.
- Applicants must, at the closing date for applications, be able to display and provide evidence of the following qualifications/training, experience, specialist knowledge, skills/abilities and behaviours outline below in this person specification. Jersey Rugby reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate short-listing.
- BSc Degree in Physiotherapy
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, and registered with the Health Professions Council
- Training in Pitch Side Emergency Care to ICIS level 3, or a willingness to complete this training at the next available opportunity
- Minimum 3 years full-time post graduate (or equivalent part-time) clinical experience as a Physiotherapist, and 1 of these years must be full-time (or equivalent part-time) working as a Physiotherapist in elite level sport
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative ideas and putting them into practice
- An ability to demonstrate up-to-date and advanced knowledge of physiotherapy and rehabilitation techniques related to recent advances in musculoskeletal medicine in the sporting sphere.
The applicant must also demonstrate:
- An ability to work under pressure
- Skills and behaviours necessary to lead a team
- An ability to manage own case load
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop credible and effective working relationships
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- A strong commitment to continuous personal professional development
- Ability to work frequent, irregular and unsocial hours
- Post Graduate qualification in sports physiotherapy or related area of practice
- Significant experience working within professional rugby
- Significant experience in planning and delivering individualised plans for injured athletes to include detailed rehabilitation programmes
This is a full time position based in Jersey.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31st May 2018.
Interviews will take place in June 2018.