Updates read from top down
Match day, 11am: Bright and breezy at St Peter
after some heavy morning rain. Game definitely on, just awaiting
formal decision from referee at around 12 noon whether we play on
pitch 1 or pitch 4. Sensible footwear recommended.
Pics taken at KO time (2.15pm) Friday
Pitch 1 is now clear of snow, except the dead ball area. There
are a few wet areas, but generally firm and it's bright and breezy
at the moment. We hope the weather will be kind in next 24 hours.
Pitch 4 remains on stand-by.
Update Friday 1.15pm:
Transport/ Car Parking: Due to the weather, we
will only have a limited amount of parking on pitch 3 tomorrow and
anyone who has any other possible means of getting to St Peter is
urged to consider buses, taxis, getting a lift, cycling or walking.
Liberty Buses will be running duplicate services on
the number 9 route and there is also the route 15 service to the
Airport - get off at the penultimate stop, the Mermaid. If you have
to drive, please allow extra time for car parking and bear in mind
that space cannot be guaranteed.
Update: Friday 11.30am
The Assistant Referee for the game has inspected the pitches at
St Peter and is satisfied that both pitches 1 and 4 are playable.
Work continues to remove the last remaining snow from pitch 1, and
we are hopeful the game will take place on this pitch. Pitch 4 is
available as a stand-by if required. Nottingham RFC have been
informed and have confirmed they will be travelling to Jersey as
scheduled this afternoon.
Update: Friday 9am
One of the Assistant Referees for tomorrow's game will be at the
club at around 10am this morning to inspect the pitches ahead of
the game tomorrow. We await an official verdict but are hopeful
that he will rule that the game can proceed as planned.
Volunteers are being asked to come to the club
this morning and help move snow from the main pitch. Bring sensible
shoes and a snow shovel if you have one. Good progress was made in
this regard yesterday and we expect to be able to finish the job
Please keep an eye on this site and JRFC Twitter
Update: Thursday 5.40pm
Following a pitch inspection at St Peter earlier this afternoon,
JRFC officials have been in dialogue with the with the referees'
dept and organising committee at Twickenham, as well as Nottingham
RFC throughout this afternoon. There is no 100% definite decision
but we are hopeful to get the green light in the morning (Friday)
for the game to go ahead.
Update: Wednesday, 1.45pm:
JRFC conducted a preliminary inspection of the pitch at St Peter
this morning (Wednesday). It has a thick covering of snow which in
some places has drifted as high as the perimeter advertising
boards. Although the pitch underneath is not frozen, clearing the
snow without seriously damaging the pitch may prove
We are keeping the Organising Committee of the RFU, and our
opponents Nottingham, informed, and our current plan is to hold a
further inspection tomorrow (Thursday) to assess what
improvement there has been to the conditions. The intention, as
agreed with the RFU, is that a definite decision will be made by
lunchtime on Thursday.
Statement in advance of the Jersey v Nottingham game,
scheduled for Saturday March 16th at St Peter, k-o
Jersey RFC has been in contact with both Nottingham RFC and the
Organising Committee of the Rugby Football Union (RFU), and will
inspect the pitch at St Peter on Wednesday morning (March 13), by
which stage we hope it will have stopped snowing, enabling us to
make a realistic assessment of the state of the pitch.
pic below taken Weds AM
Why not get yourself a Hot Pot (Curry or Chilli served with rice) in the supporters marquee £8 per pot.