Intern help sought for Reds coaching team06/04/2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as an intern within the professional rugby set-up of Jersey Reds.
Starting as players report for pre-season training in early June, the role will involve working with the Reds' Head of Athletic Performance and other members of the coaching team in training sessions, gym work, health and wellness monitoring, analysis, nutrition and rehabilitation for the squad of 30-35 full-time players as they prepare for the 2017/18 season.
The role would suit applicants who are studying for a degree in Sports Science or a connected subject, or have recently completed studies in these areas. The club is looking for someone with a good work ethic and willingness to learn who are comfortable interacting with a wide range of personalities. No particular experience is required.
Duties will include the following:
- Assisting with the recording and set-up of performance testing
- Training supervision and coaching
- Assisting with the logistics and implementation of performance training in the gym and on the field
- Health and wellness monitoring: BW, energy levels, sleep duration and quality, muscle soreness, CMJ
- Monitoring of training: RPE, GPS, HR, video analysis and nutrition
- Assisting with the implementation of rehab and prehab protocols
- Research development: On request, research in a particular topic area (eg nutrition); this could be an area that will assist the intern with their own development
- Assisting with match-day duties (subject to demonstration of correct work ethic)
The role, which is an unpaid internship, will provide valuable experience and insight into a professional sporting environment. The initial duration will be for the three months of pre-season (June-August inclusive), however there may be options for further involvement beyond this period.
To apply, please send your CV to Jim Molony, Head of Athletic Performance: Jim.email@example.com . The closing date is Friday April 28th.