JRFC confirm 10 more players for 2014/1517/04/2014
Jersey RFC have confirmed another 10 members of the club's 1st team squad for 2014/15.
Five existing squad players have signed new contracts for next season, and will be joined by five new faces, who will move to the Island this summer.
The new arrivals are as follows:
- Ryan Glynn, a scrum half with recent Aviva Premiership and Heineken Cup experience with Northampton Saints. The 22-year-old has also played regular Championship rugby during the past three seasons while dual-registered with Moseley
- Tobias Hoskins, 24, a centre who has been part of the Western Force Super Rugby squad in his native city of Perth, Western Australia
- Pierce Phillips, who joins from SSE National Two North Darlington Mowden Park. The 21-year-old lock was with Leeds Carnegie in 2012/13, when his appearances included a British & Irish Cup tie in Jersey and the promotion play-off clash with eventual champions Newcastle Falcons
- Lewis Robling, 22, who has played for the Dragons in his native Newport, South Wales, for the past three seasons. He plays centre or fly-half
- Harry Williams, a 22-year-old tighthead prop who has made around 20 appearances for Nottingham this season, having previously played two seasons of league rugby with Loughborough Students, and made two LV Cup appearances for London Wasps.
"The new arrivals are exciting young players who will add considerable depth to our squad for next season," said Head Coach Harvey Biljon, who also confirmed the new deals for five of his current squad:
- Joe Buckle, 20, flanker, who joined Jersey from Bath during the 2012/13 season
- Nick Campbell, 24, the former Glasgow Warriors lock who came to Jersey in summer 2013
- Joel Dudley, the 22-year-old scrum half who originally signed for the Islanders in summer 2012
- Mark McCrea, 26, who battled back from a serious injury at the end of last season and has been a real force in the Jersey back-line this season. McCrea formerly played for Connacht and his home province of Ulster
- Aaron Penberthy, another player who has recovered from a major injury, during his first season after joining Jersey from Cornish Pirates. The 21-year-old fly-half has started five of the Islanders' last six games.
"Joe, Nick, Joel, Mark and Aaron have been valuable members of this year's team, and I'm really pleased to have secured their services for next season," added the Head Coach.
Jersey are currently preparing for a vital league match against London Scottish this weekend, seeking a win that could secure Championship survival. The match at St Peter kicks off at 2pm.
New signing Pierce Phillips is pictured playing for Darlington Mowden Park alongside former Jersey captain Talite Vaioleti.