Siam Cup - schedule and statement re: ticket pricing01/05/2013
2013 Siam Cup
Members of the Executive Committee of Jersey RFC met today to discuss the pricing structure for tickets for the Siam Cup on Saturday May 4th. This followed queries from the media and comments made on social media.
The previously announced adult ticket price of £15, with a concession of £10 for both Jersey and Guernsey members (membership cards must be produced), will be maintained. This is for a number of reasons:
- At the start of the 2012/13 season, JRFC sold several hundred season tickets, having confirmed the number of games covered by the season ticket (a total of 15) and the comparison price for single games. We do not wish to undermine the value of season tickets, which were purchased by some of our most loyal supporters
- We also do not wish to undermine the status of the Siam Cup. It is a historic trophy that is a highlight of the rugby season in the Channel Islands, and we are confident that this year's event will be another tremendous occasion. Jersey expects to field a strong side, including a number of players who may be making their final appearances for the club
- Although there has been no admission charged for previous Siam Cups staged in Jersey, this convention dates from the amateur era, and spectators were charged to attend the 2012 event in Guernsey
- In setting admission prices for all games this season, JRFC has not been motivated by greed, but by the need to bring in revenue to meet the costs that are inherent in competing at the second tier of the English game. Many of our professional players will be playing in the Siam Cup, and we do not feel it is realistic to run the Siam Cup as a separate occasion under a different financial model.
It has been decided that there will be no admission fees charged for under 17s. Those aged 16 and under will be admitted free, while full-time students will be charged £5 on production of appropriate ID.
Ticket sales will continue on Thursday and Friday at the following outlets:
- Red Properties, The Esplanade (opposite Liberation Station), 9am- 5pm Monday- Thursday, 9am - 4pm Friday
- Jersey Evening Post, Five Oaks, 8.30am- 5pm Monday- Thursday, 8.30am- 4pm Friday
- Jersey RFC (club office and/or shop), St Peter, 9am- 1pm (Wednesday & Friday), 9am- 8pm (Thursday)
- Tickets will also be available on the gate on Saturday.
We regret that the stand at St Peter is fully subscribed, however anyone who has difficulty standing and wishes to request seating space should contact the club office on (01534) 499929 between 9am and 1pm Wednesday- Friday.
The two Island clubs' 1st teams will square off at 3pm, but there will also be the following games:
- Jersey Wanderers v Guernsey Veterans, 10.30am (please note correct KO time)
- Jersey Athletic v Guernsey 2nd XV, 12.30pm
- Jersey United Banks Ladies v Guernsey Ladies, 1pm