Jersey Reds Women
JUBRFC Ladies (the forerunner to Jersey Ladies now Jersey Reds Women) was established in 2006 and is the only women's rugby team in Jersey, with a range of experience from complete novices to those who have played before – everyone is welcome!
Nothing would be possible without the help and support of sponsors, and we are delighted this year to welcome First Names group as our lead sponsor. In addition to them we are also supported by Gradebusters and Jersey Rugby Development.
If you think that you would like to get more involved and sponsor Jersey Reds Women too, please email Cara Mackay or call 07797 741537.
Training and playing for Jersey Reds Women
Training takes place on Tuesdays from 7 - 8.30pm on pitch 2 at the Jersey Rugby Club (adjacent to the Bowl car park).
Recruitment - Jersey Reds Women is always on the lookout for more ladies coming to Jersey who want to continue to play, or any local ladies who fancy taking up the sport. There is a very wide variety of experience.
Jersey Reds Women are delighted and proud to have the expertise of coach Jake Armstrong who is a current Jersey Reds 1st XV squad member.
Further to this, Lucy O'Sullivan who is a personal trainer, but arguably more famous for representing GB in archery, is providing tailored Stength and Conditioning sessions for the squad.
General information about womens' rugby
If you thought rugby was just a sport for men, then think again. Participation in women’s rugby has doubled in the past 10 years and the England women’s team won the World Cup in 2014.
Did you know…
- More than 18,000 women and girls play rugby regularly in England
- England Women won the Rugby World Cup in 2014 after beating Canada 21-9 in Paris, France. The victory followed a record-breaking seventh consecutive 6 Nations crown in 2012 as well as the Grand Slam. They also became the first team ever in 6 Nations history not to concede a try
So what about you?
- Ready to tackle a new sport? Want to get fit? Bored with the gym?
- Played at university and need to find a club?
- Want to meet new people and play rugby for fun?
- Played mini rugby and now can't find a girls team?
- Want to play a sport at county level?
Still interested and want to know even more?
If having read all of the above you would like to know more about training or playing for the Jersey Reds Women then please email either, Cara Mackay or on 07797 741537 or Lucy Hart or on 07829 777038.